[Dovecot] MANAGESIEVE patch v3 for dovecot 1.0.rc28

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Mon Mar 26 19:34:21 EEST 2007

Hello dovecot users,

I have updated the MANAGESIEVE patch to apply and compile against
dovecot 1.0.rc28. Not much has changed with respect to the functionality
of the previous version however:

ChangeLog vs v2
- Updated source to compile with dovecot 1.0.rc28, tested with rc27
   (debian package)
- Daemon now uses the same location for .dovecot.sieve as dovecot-lda
   This is typically ~/.dovecot.sieve.
- If .dovecot.sieve is a regular file, it is now moved into the script
   storage as dovecot.orig.sieve, preventing deletion of (important)
   active scripts upon managesieve installation. Otherwise, it would
   simply be replaced by a symlink to the new active script.
- Changed error handling to yield a BYE message when the managesieve
   daemon exits unexpectedly (upon login) before any commands are
   entered. Horde-ingo would wait indefinitely for a response.

This patch still includes (yet another) instance of the CMU Sieve
source, as explained in my previous mail
(http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-July/015016.html).

It can be downloaded at:

http://sinas.rename-it.nl/~sirius/dovecot-1.0.rc28-MANAGESIEVE-v3.diff.gz

Have fun testing the patch. Notify me when there are problems.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch
stephan at rename-it.nl