[Dovecot] Custom Mail Directory for some users

Patrick Kranz patrick at ekits.de
Mon Mar 26 23:18:17 EEST 2007

Hi Timo and thanks for the quick answer!

Timo Sirainen schrieb:
> On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 20:44 +0200, Patrick Kranz wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I'm new on this mailing list and I'm kind of stucked at the moment.
>>
>> I managed to get Postfix and Dovecot working together with Amavis,
>> OpenLDAP und SASL on Ubuntu Linux Release "Dapper Drake". The Dovecot
>> version shipped with Dapper is 1.0-beta3 (at least, that's what the
>> package database tells me), I also tried this with a Debian Backport of
>> version 1.0-rc15.
>>

> I'd of course recommend the latest RC :)

I also would prefer this but I also like the comfort of a package
management system, so I don't have to compile from scratch for every new
version, especially not on a live system that isn't mine ;)

>>   userdb ldap {
>>     args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.com
>>   }
>>
>>   userdb static {
>>     args = uid=vmail gid=vmail
>>

> If the users exist in the ldap, the static userdb is useless here.
> userdb static i

Now that you mention it :) Especially because I gain the wanted effect
with user_global_uid/gid in the dovevot-ldap.conf....
But this seemed to be the source of all problems because it was exactly
as you said. Removing the static userdb made dovecot look up my
attributes in LDAP and everything worked :) I also think I'm gonna stick
with your suggestion regarding the pass_filter. It seems less
error-prone and that's exactly what I need for this customer :) Thanks
very much for your quick help!

Have a nice evening,
Patrick