[Dovecot] odd behavior with Dovecot LDA

Steven F Siirila sfs at tc.umn.edu
Tue Mar 27 22:40:15 EEST 2007

Okay, to convince myself that quota handling was working okay with
Dovecot 1.0-rc27 on Solaris 10, I tested sending a message to an
account that was purposely over-quota.  The account in question had
a vacation message set up.

For the first test, there was no $HOME/.imap directory at all.
I received the vacation message, but the message which was supposed
to be delivered locally queued in Postfix (temporary failure).

For the second test, I created $HOME/.imap and $HOME/.imap/INBOX
directories with the owner and group set to that of the user (just
to make sure the code handled things the same).  Again, I received
the vacation message, but the message which was supposed to be
delivered locally bounced back to me after Dovecot LDA crashed:

<syst0005 at peridot.tc.umn.edu>: Command died with status 139: "/opt/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/deliver -f "$SENDER"". Command output: Segmentation Fault

It appears that Dovecot LDA assumes that if .imap/FOLDERNAME exists
that the index files must also exist..  I wonder what other assumptions
might cause segfaults.

--

Steven F. Siirila			Office: Lind Hall, Room 130B
Internet Services			E-mail: sfs at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology	Voice: (612) 626-0244
University of Minnesota			Fax: (612) 626-7593