[Dovecot] rc29 and documentation changes

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Mar 28 02:23:47 EEST 2007

http://dovecot.org/nightly/dovecot-latest.tar.gz

Any comments about the doc/wiki/ contents? doc/documentation.txt?
dovecot-example.conf's doc/wiki/ pointers?

./autogen.sh now updates the wiki from
http://www.dovecot.org/tmp/wiki-export.tar.gz (updated each night) if
doc/wiki/Authentication.txt doesn't exist.

I guess I'll release rc29 tomorrow. The current changes are:

	+ Added auth_gssapi_hostname setting.
	- IMAP: LIST "" "" didn't return anything if there didn't exist a
	  namespace with empty prefix. This broke some clients.
	- If Dovecot is tried to be started when it's already running, don't
	  delete existing auth sockets and break the running Dovecot
	- If deliver failed too early it still returned exit code 89 instead
	  of EX_TEMPFAIL.
	- deliver: INBOX fallbacking with -n parameter wasn't working.
	- passdb passwd and shadow couldn't be used as master or deny databases
	- IDLE: inotify didn't notice changes in mbox file
	- If index file directory couldn't be created, disable indexes instead
	  of failing to open the mailbox.
	- Several other minor fixes