[Dovecot] auth server refusing connections intermittently

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Mar 28 23:19:31 EEST 2007

On 28.3.2007, at 22.58, Steven F Siirila wrote:

> Running Dovecot 1.0-rc27 on Solaris 10..
>
> We have been noticing intermittent messages of this sort and
> wondered if
> this indicates whether we need to add more dovecot-auth worker
> processes:
>
> Mar 28 03:15:41 myhost dovecot: pop3-login: Can't connect to auth
> server at default: Connection refused

This change should help with these (rc28):

	* src/: auth/auth-worker-server.c,
	  lib-auth/auth-server-connection.c: If net_connect_unix() fails,
	  assume also that ECONNREFUSED may be a temporary failure. It can
	  happen if we exceeded the listener's backlog.

Auth worker processes anyway don't matter here, the connections are
accpted by the master dovecot-auth process. You could increase them
from count setting inside auth block, but I'm not sure if that could
cause other problems.