[Dovecot] 1.0.rc29 released

Tomi Hakala tomi.hakala at pobox.fi
Sat Mar 31 21:01:24 EEST 2007

Jeff A. Earickson wrote:
> My one concern about dovecot is the "feeping creaturism" in the code.
> Why does it have to be an LDA?  That is what procmail is for.  And
> designing  your own mailbox format (dbox?) seems dangerous too.

Both features were done for paying customer. Dovecot LDA is lot more
than procmail is, for example, how would you implement a proper out of
office reply only using procmail?

You also have great performance benefits when using Dovecot LDA over
procmail, indexing for both Maildir and mbox and header padding for mbox.

Tomi