[Dovecot] sync with gmail?

mikkel at euro123.dk mikkel at euro123.dk
Fri Nov 2 10:42:51 EET 2007

On Fri, November 2, 2007 2:16 am, Neal Becker wrote:
> Now that gmail added imap, I've been trying to see if I can sync
> gmail/imap with my local dovecot maildir.  I've been trying offlineimap.
> So far, I've
> created a loop resulting in a directory with size > 1000000 entries.
>
> Anyone try this and have a working setup?

Why not install simple IMAP server on your local machine and then use
imapsync to transfer the data (or use Dovecot if it’s already installed)?
All you need then is to tell your local IMAP to use Maildir.

Imapsync is very easy to use and also very reliable (my own oppinion).
Since it's Perl it's not as fast as it could be but it should be just fine
for your needs.

- Mikkel