[Dovecot] MANAGESIEVE patch v8 for dovecot 1.0.7

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Fri Nov 2 13:57:13 EET 2007

Andreas Schneider schreef:
> Marcus Rueckert wrote:
>
>> i just prepared a testcase rpm for it.
>>
>> how do you enable ssl/tls support?
>> how do you make sure that only ssl/tls is used for non secure sockets?
>> (same policy as the dovecot imap config)
>>
> As it is a protocol like imap and pop3 in dovecot and works the same way it
> uses the settings form dovecot.conf.

I answered this one through IRC already, but for future reference I'll
post it here as well. Like you said, the configuration of SSL/TLS is
pretty much the same as the other two mail daemons. However, note that
managesieve does explicitly not support an imaps/pop3s equivalent, so
the use of STARTTLS is mandatory. The use of an SSL layer from the start
of a session is not documented in the specification of managesieve, nor
required/supported by any client I have seen so far. That's why I've
left that functionality out, though implementing it would be trivial.

Marcus also noted that it would be wise to add the configuration of
managesieve to the dovecot-example.conf in the patch. The next release
will include this.

Regards,

Stephan.