[Dovecot] Dovecot] Postfix and Dovecot Deliver LDA

Jerry Yeager jerry at scene-naturally.dyndns.org
Fri Nov 2 17:01:41 EET 2007

On Nov 2, 2007, at 9:48 AM, dovecot-request at dovecot.org wrote:

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 13:00:56 +0100
> From: spammy <spam at rogerp.org>
> Subject: [Dovecot] Postfix and Dovecot Deliver LDA
> To: dovecot at dovecot.org
>
> Hi all,
>
> Having problems moving from postfix/dovecot/mysq/maildrop existing
> intall to dovecot LDA
>
> dovecot -n

	stuff chomped out

> deliver(vaina at neenux.com): 2007-11-02 12:32:40 Info: auth input:
> gid=5000
> deliver(vaina at neenux.com): 2007-11-02 12:32:40 Fatal: setuid(5000)
> failed: Operation not permitted
>
> I'm using vmail:vmail (5000:5000) for all my virtual users and postfix

	(snipped some more out)

> roger

Hello Roger,

Try this:

cd to the path where the dovecot deliver app is. Then,

sudo chmod u+s deliver

You may or may not need to do sudo chmod g+s  deliver -- probably not.

This is in the Sendmail - LDA part of the docs. Recent changes to
Dovecot seem to have brought this to Postfix - LDA as well.

				Jerry