[Dovecot] *notify config for 1.0.x doesn't enable inotify

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Nov 2 18:07:35 EET 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 14:56 +0100, Paolo wrote:
> the current code has changed include linux/inotify.h to sys/inotify.h since
> 2006-01-17, but that won't work with inotify*.h as documented in the wiki.

The wiki entry seems to create /usr/local/include/sys/inotify.h and it
should be possible to include that as <sys/inotify.h>. Maybe the real
problem is that if you tried that, the /usr/local/include isn't in the
standard include lookup paths. So you should do:

CPPFLAGS='-I /usr/local/include' ./configure --with-notify=inotify