[Dovecot] Dovecot write activity (mostly 1.1.x)

mikkel at euro123.dk mikkel at euro123.dk
Sun Nov 4 15:10:39 EET 2007

On Sun, November 4, 2007 1:51 pm, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-11-04 at 13:02 +0100, mikkel at euro123.dk wrote:
>
>> Write activity is about half that of read activity when measuring
>> throughput. But when measuring operations it’s about 5-7 times as high
>> (measured with
>> zpool iostat on ZFS).
>
> Have you tried with fsync_disable=yes? ZFS's fsyncing performance
> apparently isn't all that great. I'm guessing this is also the reason for
> the I/O stalls in your other mail.

I'm using fsync_disable=yes already.
I know ZFS has issues. In my opinion it was never ready when it was
released but it has such nice features I’m trying to cope with its
specialities.
I've also disabled "flush cache requests" in ZFS since it made the
performance horrible.

If I’m the only one experiencing this then I guess I'll just have to
accept it as yet another ZFS curiosity :|

(Possibly this is also the answer to my other post regarding
stalled/delayed I/O)

- Mikkel