[Dovecot] Sent vs Sent Items

Bill Cole dovecot-20061108 at billmail.scconsult.com
Tue Nov 6 05:06:20 EET 2007

At 12:01 PM -0500 11/5/07, Gerard Seibert wrote:
>On Monday November 05, 2007 at 09:37:12 (AM) Bill Cole wrote:
>
>>  While we're making a list: 'Junk' vs. 'Junk E-mail' is a particular
>>  problematic case of client disagreement because some clients (e.g.
>>  Eudora, Outlook) work in ways that are Very Bad when they disagree on
>>  the final destination of probable spam.
>
>Correct me if I am wrong; however, there is no RFC specifically detailing the
>naming of folders. If there is no specification in place, the author of a
>software application is pretty much free to do as they please. The interesting
>fact is that while you claim that clients like 'Eudora & Outlook' are bad,

I think you misunderstood me, which is understandable given how I phrased it...

>  the
>users of said clients might very well consider your choice of MUA to be
>inferior.

The problem is not what Eudora does with 'Junk' or what Outlook does
with 'Junk E-mail', but what the two of them end up doing to each
other's junk when they are both looking at an IMAP account that has
both folders.

Guess how I'm familiar with this?  :)

--
Bill Cole