[Dovecot] Request for variable unique to each server?

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Sat Nov 10 20:42:02 EET 2007

On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 05:30:08PM +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:

  On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 09:12 -0500, Adam McDougall wrote:
  > Is there a variable that holds the server hostname or something else unique per server,
  > or could one be added, or could someone point me at the code?  Thanks.

  Well, the code would in two places:

  src/auth/auth-request.c auth_request_get_var_expand_table()
  src/master/mail-process.c get_var_expand_table()

  You could add a new variable that uses my_hostname variable from
  hostpid.h. I'm not sure if I should add this to standard variables.
  These one letter variables are beginning to run out. Maybe v2.0 should
  have longer $variable names..

Thanks!  Got that working as a local patch, which I am satisfied with if
you don't add an official one.  I just quickly picked a letter that looked unused (%q)
so thats what it is when you see it in configs I post ;)