[Dovecot] dovecot.index mtime

Matt lm7812 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 19:36:41 EET 2007

> > Is there anyway I can get Dovecot to update mtime on dovecot.index
> > everytime a user successfully checks there email?
>
> Postlogin scripting would work like Benjamin said. Another possibility
> would be to check atime if you haven't disabled atime updates.

atime is updated everytime I do a backup which is once a week.

>protocol imap {
># ...
>mail_executable = /full/path/to/loginscript.sh

I imagine I would need to put this in pop3 section as well?

>#!/bin/sh
>touch $HOME/.dovecot-lastlogin
>exec /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap

Can I just touch the dovecot.index instead?

Also, I am bit confused.  Why must the script exec imap?  I imagine
$HOME will contain the path to the home directory of the pop3/imap
user that just successfully logged in?

THanks

Matt