[Dovecot] Problems executing dovecot.

Marcelo Iturbe marcelo.iturbe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 00:54:50 EET 2007

Hello,
I am running
OS: Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS
dovecot  # 1.0.7 Beta

Problem:
I have all the email delivery set up with maildir.
I currently have an account which has 297,261 emails in the Inbox.

Here is a transcript of a telnet session with the server:

* OK Dovecot ready.
110 login somelameuser lameuserspass
110 OK Logged in.
111 select inbox
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft \*)] Flags
permitted.
* 297261 EXISTS
* 149522 RECENT
* OK [UNSEEN 1] First unseen.
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1188426666] UIDs valid
* OK [UIDNEXT 301157] Predicted next UID
111 OK [READ-WRITE] Select completed.

112 copy 1:100 toBeProcessed

Connection to host lost.

I keep getting dropped...

My original idea was to move the files via command prompt, but I wasn't sure
if that was allowed, thought I might mess up the UIDs.

How could I move the emails into other directories (folders) so that a
regular IMAP conector can process the emails?

Thanks for your help
Marcelo

--
Marcelo Iturbe ■ CIO ■ Tigabytes Chile ■ Google Enterprise Partner
T: 562 264 1044 ■ www.tigabytes.com