[Dovecot] Path to public folder subscription file not created in 1.1b7?

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Sat Nov 17 01:44:15 EET 2007

I use CONTROL=%h/Maildir/dovecot/public/control/[namespace] for each of my public
namespaces.  A few nights ago, I noticed having a new user subscribe to public folders
for the first time will silently fail, becuase the path up to the subscriptions file
will not be created.  I am pretty sure dovecot used to create it for me, but maybe
that changed in a recent version, or maybe I did something to break it?  Work around
is to mkdir -p /home/[user]/Maildir/dovecot/public/control/[namespace] but I'd like
to avoid having to do that.  Once I create the directory and make sure it is writable,
the client can subscribe to public folders in that namespace.  If they do not have
permission, it still silently fails.

namespace:
  type: public
  separator: /
  prefix: #shared/decs/
  location:
maildir:/egr/mail/shared/decs:CONTROL=%h/Maildir/dovecot/public/control/decs:INDEX=%h/Maildir/dovecot/%q/public/indexes/decs
  list: yes
  subscriptions: yes