[Dovecot] MANAGESIEVE patch v9 for dovecot 1.0.7

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Mon Nov 19 01:21:19 EET 2007

Hello Dovecot users,

Since v8, I have updated the MANAGESIEVE patch to fix various issues
reported by users. Although I planned to upgrade the next release after
v8 to Dovecot v1.1, I release these changes for Dovecot 1.0 first. If no
further major issues are found, I can upgrade to Dovecot 1.1.

Change Log V9
-------------

+ Definitively fixed the segfault mentioned in V8. It proved to be
   very time-constrained and thus hard to reproduce. The error turned out
   to be related to the input handling of the login daemon during
   authentication.
+ Checked for changes in the imap daemon that weren't propagated to the
   managesieve implementation due to code duplication.
+ Fixed a bug in the autodetection of the sieve storage location.
+ Fixed bug in the sieve storage that failed to refresh the symlink if
   the storage was moved.
+ Improved error handing in the sieve-storage implementation in various
   places.
+ Fixed the situation in which the active script link is located in the
   sieve storage.
+ Added managesieve configuration to dovecot-example.conf and made the
   example in this file more concise.

This patch still includes (yet another) instance of the CMU Sieve
source, as explained in one of my previous e-mails
(http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-July/015016.html).

The latest patch can be downloaded at:

http://sinas.rename-it.nl/~sirius/

The README.managesieve is located in the root of the dovecot source tree
after applying the patch. The dovecot-example.conf file is updated with
a configuration example for managesieve.

Have fun testing the patch. Don't hesitate to notify me when there are
problems.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch