[Dovecot] dovecot with ldap and allow_nets

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Nov 26 14:34:27 EET 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-23 at 16:12 +0100, Marc Cuypers wrote:
> Some of the mail users may only login from the LAN, while others can
> login from the LAN and the internet.
>
> I've read about allow_nets but i can't find very much info when dovecot
> is used with ldap.  Can someone give me a direction (url, configuration
> file, ...).

You'll have to store the allow_nets field to LDAP using some name and
tell Dovecot to use it in pass_attrs. On LDAP side you probably need
some special schema (don't ask me about that) or you need to use some
other existing field for that purpose.

pass_attrs anyway goes something like:

pass_attrs = uid=user,userPassword=password,someField=allow_nets