[Dovecot] SIGSEGV login process

Maxim Lougovsky h-k at proc.ru
Mon Nov 26 15:51:35 EET 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:35:46 +0300, Maxim Lougovsky <h-k at proc.ru> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:22:29 +0200, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
>> On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 16:13 +0300, Maxim Lougovsky wrote:
>>> i have installed exim with self delivery (not dovecot LDA) and just
>> install
>>> from port mail/dovecot-sieve and have these crashes.
>>> e.g. finally case is:
>>>
>>> 1) install exim with Maildir delivery
>>> 2) install dovecot
>>> 3) start both of them
>>> 4) install mail/dovecot-sieve
>>> 5) not touch anything, just wait high load (LA~10..20)
>>
>> So the high load is the point I guess.
>>
>>> 6) login processes begins randomly crashes
>>>
>>> did you still need debug core+bt?
>>
>> It would help a lot. Otherwise it'll probably take me quite a lot of
>> time to reproduce it, if I'm able to do it at all (it could be that some
>> clients do something special that causes it).
>
> ok, i soon send to list backtrace. Thank you

Hmm, really strange. now bt shown other function rather previous:

mail# gdb ./work/dovecot-1.0.7/src/imap-login/imap-login
/tmp/imap-login.core
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
are
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i386-marcel-freebsd"...

warning: exec file is newer than core file.
Core was generated by `imap-login'.
#0  0x08051e2d in imap_parser_read_arg (parser=0x0) at imap-parser.c:518
518                     data = i_stream_get_data(parser->input,
&data_size);
(gdb) bt
#0  0x08051e2d in imap_parser_read_arg (parser=0x0) at imap-parser.c:518
#1  0x0804b8db in client_unref (client=0x806ea00) at client.c:536
#2  0x080562ec in fd_debug_verify_leaks (first_fd=134705600,
last_fd=134598854) at fd-close-on-exec.c:56
#3  0x0805599d in i_error (format=0x80771c0 "") at failures.c:210
#4  0x0804d963 in login_proxy_free (proxy=0x1) at login-proxy.c:207
#5  0x0804a6a6 in _start ()