[Dovecot] Using global und per-user sieve scripts at the same time

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Nov 26 16:17:43 EET 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 14:50 +0100, Matthias Kellermann wrote:
> If a user creates his own .dovecot.sieve file the global script will not
> work anymore.
>
> How can I enable global and local per-user sieve scripts at once? Is
> this possible?

Unfortunately not. Sieve plugin v1.1 (requires Dovecot v1.1) supports
include extension, so in per-user scripts they could include the global
script. It should probably be somewhat easy to do this including
automatically.

(Actually I'm hoping to offload Sieve development to Stephan Bosch and
his completely rewritten Sieve code. I don't know when it's going to be
in a usable state though. And I hope the code's existence wasn't a
secret.. :)