[Dovecot] upgrade from version 1.0.3 to version 1.0.7

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Nov 26 16:25:13 EET 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 09:17 -0500, dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
wrote:
> Im working on upgrading to  dovecot-1.0.7 from version 1.0.3 which I
> installed using yum.  I backed up my init.d stuff so everything still
> works.  However, when I shutdown my old dovecot version and start the
> new, I get an empty mailbox when logging into mail.  My current config
> for dovecot.conf on version 1.0.3 has this for my mailbox
> location:mail_location = mbox:~/:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
>
> I went from uw-imap to dovecot some months ago and necessary changes
> to the .mailboxlist to .subscriptions.  Is there a different format
> for version 1.0.7?

No. There should be no changes between 1.0.3 and 1.0.7 that could cause
this. So I don't think the problem is with the version number change,
but something else.

Setting mail_debug=yes (and maybe auth_debug=yes) and looking at logs
would show what Dovecot is really using as home directory and mail
location.