[Dovecot] Using global und per-user sieve scripts at the same time

Matthias Kellermann matthias at adminlife.net
Tue Nov 27 09:23:45 EET 2007

Nikolay Shopik schrieb:
> On 26.11.2007 18:57, Matthias Kellermann wrote:
>> Nikolay Shopik schrieb:
>>> You forgot to insert this one, where users sieve files stored.
>>>
>>> plugin {
>>>  sieve = /var/mail/store/%u/sieve
>>> }
>>
>> Thanks for your answer Nikolay. But I think this won't do the trick.
>> This setting will override the global setting as well. At the moment I'm
>> using the default location for the sieve scripts in the user's home dir.
>>
>> Matthias
>>

> Very strange but in my case global rules still works even if user have
> their own sieve rules. So spam still moved to junk folder ;).

Hmm, so you have an entry like this in your LDA section:

global_script_path = /usr/local/etc/sieve/spam

Where spam is the file with the global sieve rules. Then you have the
following entry in the plugin section:

sieve = /var/mail/store/%u/sieve

Where sieve ist the per-user sieve file, right? Is /var/mail/store the
same location where you save the user's email?

Matthias