[Dovecot] imap process consuming 100% CPU (Dovecot 1.0.3)

Jackie Hunt jackie at yuma.acns.colostate.edu
Tue Nov 27 20:38:40 EET 2007

> Thanks for the suggestion on the truss command, Timo:
>
> "truss -d -rO -w1"

We have seen the imap process consuming 100% CPU again, and this time I
was able to get a trace, but it's too long to post to the list.  I've sent
a copy to Timo.  Let me know if anyone else would like a copy of it.

This user is running Thunderbird on Solaris, and has at least two
IMAP connections open continuously, one to a UofW server running on
Solaris (I think), the other to Dovecot running on AIX.  He has problems
with the Dovecot connection hanging on him each morning.  Thunderbird
shows an hourglass, but he gets not indication of what is happening.
He has to shut down Thunderbird to get it working again.  It's a bit
ironic/humorous, but his UofW connection is fine in Thunderbird, and
that's how he notifies me his Dovecot imap is hung up.

We are running Dovecot 1.0.5 on AIX.

Thanks for any help!
Jackie
---
Jackie Hunt
ACNS                                    Voice:  (970) 663-3789
Colorado State University               FAX:    (970) 491-1958