[Dovecot] SPAM: Re: spf record

jflowers jflowers at ezo.net
Wed Nov 28 20:49:53 EET 2007

I may be sorry I brought this up.  There's nothing wrong with your TXT record.
 This server acts as a virus/spam processor for mail relayed from a legacy
server (for historical reasons).   It filters with MailScanner/SpamAssassin.
Looking through the SpamAssassin debug code, it checks my relay as the
'Envelope-from' and fails on -all.  Although the information is there, the
SpamAssassin plugin isn't sophisticated enough to trace it back to the
originating server.

And, yes - it assigns a minor score (default 0.69) for SPF_FAIL and I don't
lose any digests as Bayes just overwhelms it.

As long as your unqualified domain name has an A record and a matching PTR
record SPF should work just fine (as long as there aren't any relays in-between).

Sorry for any inconvenience.  Thanks for your excellent project.

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:28:32 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote

--
Jim Flowers <jflowers at ezo.net>