[Dovecot] dovecot-auth consumes 100% CPU time on Solaris 10

Mark Heitmann Mark.Heitmann at dnw-germany.aero
Thu Nov 29 11:24:20 EET 2007

Timo, you are so right!

Today in the morning I checked the libs from the dovecot-auth binary and
see the following output

# ldd /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-auth
        libcrypt_d.so.1 =>       /usr/lib/libcrypt_d.so.1
        libpam.so.1 =>   /usr/lib/libpam.so.1
        libldap.so.5 =>  /usr/lib/libldap.so.5

The binary was linked with the Solaris ldap-library, not with the
openldap-library.
In a first test I move the Solaris library and after a rebuild
everything is fine,
the dovecot-auth gets 0.0% cpu time and ldd shows me the right openldap lib.
After a copyback of the Solaris lib and a dovecot recompile, the process
gets
again 100% cpu.

In my $LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/lib is behind /usr/local/lib (for openldap),
although
dovecot-auth was linked with the Solaris lib. The way that works for me
is the
following LDFLAGS directive to the configure command, because the
--with-ldap
flag has no directory option:

LDFLAGS=-L"/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/lib -L/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/lib/libldap-2.4.so.2"

Is there a smarter way to link with the right lib and ignore the solaris
one?

Mark