[Dovecot] In-site migration from /etc/passwd to LDAP

Maykel Moya moya at infomed.sld.cu
Wed Oct 3 23:34:03 EEST 2007

El mié, 03-10-2007 a las 12:07 +0200, Patrick Ben Koetter escribió:

> When you migrate an account also migrate the UID and GID to the user that runs
> deliver.

AFAIK deliver runs under dovecot user. Documentation say that dovecot
user should not be used for owning mailboxes.

Besides, I wouldn't like to change UIDs so I can go back with minimal
effort in case of a problem with the new setup. When the system probes
itself stable enough I will migrate them to a pure virtual mail setup.

Regards,
maykel