[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot 1.1b3

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Sun Oct 21 00:15:21 EEST 2007

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 11:01:03PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:

  On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 20:05 -0400, Adam McDougall wrote:
  > The first thing I did was to try to update my dovecot.conf from 1.0 to work with
  > 1.1.  When I started dovecot 1.1 for the first time, I noticed it was listening to
  > 143 but not 993, even though my config was designed for ssl/tls in 1.0 without any
  > listen ports specified:

  Fixed: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot/rev/79836b3474f4

That seems to work.

  > One of the more basic problems I've seen is the behavior from "list = no/yes".

  I think this fixes it: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot/rev/c901bdf0db75

This helps, thunderbird seems to act as I would expect with hidden=yes and
list=no:

8 list "" "mail/%"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "mail/Deleted Items"
...... etc

but mutt cannot access mail/ when I ask it to:

set folder={localhost:1143}mail/
Chdir to: imap://localhost:1143/mail/

mutt says "No such folder"

a0006 LIST "" "mail"
a0006 OK List completed.
a0007 LIST "" "mail%"
a0007 OK List completed.

I can see a difference in what the client asks for, mail/% versus mail%.
I'm not sure why mutt is removing the / but is it supposed to work anyway
on the server side?  I can do a trace with mutt on dovecot 1.0 if you want.
Thanks.