[Dovecot] Segfault by asking for a folder?

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Sun Oct 21 19:27:43 EEST 2007

I 'hg pull'ed and now my Dovecot segfaults when I select a particular
folder.  I've removed all files with 'index' in the name, so I don't think
it's due to bad indexes.

 	Oct 21 09:18:40 alchemy dovecot: Dovecot v1.1.beta3 starting up
 	Oct 21 09:18:47 alchemy dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<paulproteus>,
 	method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, TLS
 	Oct 21 09:18:47 alchemy dovecot: child 28714 (imap) killed with signal 11

is in syslog.

I haven't stripped the binaries as far as I know, yet here's what seems to
happen in gdb:

 	paulproteus at alchemy:~/dovecot.rawlog $ gdb dovecot
[snip]
 	This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...
 	Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".
 	(gdb) set args --exec-mail imap
 	(gdb) run
 	Starting program: /usr/local/sbin/dovecot --exec-mail imap
 	* PREAUTH [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR SORT THREAD=REFERENCES MULTIAPPEND
 	UNSELECT LITERAL+ IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE LOGIN-REFERRALS UIDPLUS
 	LIST-EXTENDED] Logged in as paulproteus
 	01 SELECT pinerc

 	Cannot remove breakpoints because program is no longer writable.
 	It might be running in another process.
 	Further execution is probably impossible.
 	0x08073d0d in ?? ()
 	(gdb) bt
 	#0  0x08073d0d in ?? ()
 	#1  0xbff92f70 in ?? ()
 	#2  0x00000000 in ?? ()
 	(gdb) bt full
 	#0  0x08073d0d in ?? ()
 	No symbol table info available.
 	#1  0xbff92f70 in ?? ()
 	No symbol table info available.
 	#2  0x00000000 in ?? ()
 	No symbol table info available.
 	(gdb)

Uh?  It seems to also segfault the same way if I select INBOX.

-- Asheesh.

--
You'll never see all the places, or read all the books, but fortunately,
they're not all recommended.