[Dovecot] Dovecot Inactivity Problem

vipin at barc.gov.in vipin at barc.gov.in
Wed Sep 5 08:31:49 EEST 2007

Hi,
We are using dovecot version 1.0.3. We have dovecot-ldap configured to
authenticate users using ldap database. We are facing the inactivity
problem with dovecot. After some hrs of successful working, dovecot logs
shows the connection inactive problem with pop3 & imap server, & it
starts rejecting the connection requests from clients. The problem goes
away once we restart dovecot. The problem occurs again & again after
some random time. Please help us in solving this problem. The output of
dovecot -n command is as follows:

# 1.0.3: /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
protocols: imap imaps pop3 pop3s
listen(default): *:143
listen(imap): *:143
listen(pop3): *:110
ssl_disable: yes
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable(default): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(imap): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(pop3): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3-login
login_max_processes_count: 256
login_max_connections: 512
mail_location: mbox:~/:INBOX=%h/mbox
mail_executable(default): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(imap): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(pop3): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3
mail_plugin_dir(default): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(imap): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(pop3): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/pop3
pop3_uidl_format(default):
pop3_uidl_format(imap):
pop3_uidl_format(pop3): %08Xu%08Xv
auth default: