[Dovecot] Dovecot + Sieve

Marcin M. Jessa lists at yazzy.org
Wed Sep 5 13:14:17 EEST 2007

On Wednesday 05 September 2007 11:01:57 Steffen Kaiser wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Marcin M. Jessa wrote:
> >> "script path" refers to a filename, not just the directory of the
> >> ".dovecot-sieve" file.
> >
> > I just ran a test defining sieve_global_dir = /usr/local/etc/sieve/
>
> Er, you missed the >>"script path" refers to a filename<<, didn't you?

No, I commended global_script_path = so it was not used.
According to your earlier email it should be enough to use sieve_global_dir
and put .dovecot.sieve file with my rules in that directory.
This is is also what the example on http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve says.
There is only sieve_global_dir = /etc/dovecot/sieve/ there.
And what I said was that did not work.
Do you mean I should use both  global_script_path and sieve_global_dir?

> See, get_sieve_path(void) in cmusieve's source ball src/cmusieve-plugin.c
> The value of "sieve" per user or "sieve_global_dir" is a filename, not a
> directory. Only if none of them is defined, ".dovecot-sieve" comes into
> play.

In this case things should work fine when defining
sieve_global_dir = /usr/local/etc/sieve/Something
but they don't.
Or must this be sieve_global_dir = /usr/local/etc/sieve/.dovecot-sieve ?

> > script a more reasonable name like Junk since it takes care of filtering
> > of
>
> You can give the script any name you like. Personally I wouldn't name it
> "Junk", because there is exactly one Sieve script and you cannot specify
> another one.
AFAIR you can include other scripts in your script and they will be then used
by sieve. So it would actually make more sense to have a file called Main and
then include Junk and other scripts in it.

> > BTW, http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve should have things mentioned for
> > global users as well
> > since I overlooked that part from "Per-user Sieve script location"
> > thinking it did
> > not consider users of global scripts.
>
> I would think, the sections "Configuring" and "Compiling and errors" apply
> to you.
>
> The "Per-user" section really is dealing with the configuration per user,
> whether or not you return the same value for all users.

This is misleading. Wouldn't hurt to mention .dovecot-sieve there.
--
perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),
10);'