[Dovecot] imap process consuming 100% CPU (Dovecot 1.0.3)

Robert Tomanek rth23 at poczta.onet.pl
Fri Sep 7 10:43:54 EEST 2007

Hello Jackie,

Thursday, September 6, 2007, 21:09:48, you wrote:
>>  I have yet another problem with Dovecot: sometimes (rarely, maybe
>>  once every few days) one of the imap processes will 'hang',
>>  consuming all available CPU time. It does not seem to 'finish' in any
>>  reasonable amount of time (in one instance I waited a few days).
> We have also seen this behavior, running Dovecot 1.0 on AIX.
> Thanks for your debug work on it Robert.

  Unfortunately, I am not really moving forward with that as I do not
  have much insight into the context structure in question. I guess we
  need to wait until Timo answers my e-mail.

  On the other hand, nice the hear I am not the only person with this
  problem :-|

  Jackie, is there a chance you could confirm my doubts by doing what
  I did in <mid:1799018363.20070903123736 at poczta.onet.pl> and the
  original message? This way we would be sure we are talking about the
  same problem cause here since 'Dovecot hangs' sounds a bit generic.
  I think the stack trace and the variable values should be enough to
  confirm it.

--
Best regards,
 Robert Tomanek                           mailto:rth23 at poczta.onet.pl