[Dovecot] auth_default_realm for different listeners

John Morrissey jwm at horde.net
Mon Sep 10 17:58:18 EEST 2007

On Sun, Sep 09, 2007 at 04:19:16AM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 15:00 -0400, John Morrissey wrote:
> > We provide POP3 service for several realms, each of which has a
> > substantial number of users logging in with no realm (bare username). We
> > would like to use Dovecot, but I haven't been able to findout how to
> > vary auth_default_realm for each listener.
>
> Unfortunately Dovecot doesn't directly support this. With v2.0 the
> configuration file will hopefully be flexible enough to allow it.

So having multiple auth {} blocks is a dead end that I shouldn't bother
considering? IOW, the "default" keyword doesn't have any significance? I
would just drop it, but it looks so tempting. :-)

> You can do this in your passdb though. For example with checkpassword or
> SQL passdb you're able to check if there's @ in username and if not add
> it based on the local IP address.

We're using LDAP for authentication, so it seems we're out of luck unless we
write our own checkpassword handler that does LDAP auth itself?

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o
jwm at horde.net        _-< \_          /  \       ----  <  \,