[Dovecot] dirsize quota assertion problem

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 10 18:53:33 EEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 11:42 -0400, Alan Ferrency wrote:
> I think this may have been related to file permissions: we didn't want
> to give all users read access to the userdb file after they've logged
> in, and prefetching allowed us to limit access to only the login/auth
> user. Running an smtpauth port for deliver kind of makes that a moot
> point anyway, though, so maybe we can clean things up a bit.

Only dovecot-auth process accesses the userdb file.

> > > I am looking for support in the deliver lda for a "maximum message size"
> > > quota feature, which is configurable per user...
> We'd prefer to vendor-branch dovecot, so my current line of pursuit is
> using an external executable in the lda pipeline, only in cases when a
> per message limit is configured. I expect it would be far more efficient
> to put this inside dovecot, however.

Maybe a whole new plugin checking this in mail_storage.save_init().. You
could test this with quota plugin by adding the check in
quota_save_init(). I don't remember if st->st_size is set with deliver
though. If not, the check needs to be done afterwards in
quota_save_finish().