[Dovecot] multiple emails

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Mon Sep 10 19:59:37 EEST 2007

I've seen this when antivirus/spamassassin is run during the SMTP
Session.  What happens is that av/sa scan takes too long for the client,
the client times out, and resends the email later.  Meanwhile, the
server completes it's part, and delivers the message.  Then it happens
again when the client retries.

Telnet in and send an email manually, see how long it takes.   Obviously
larger email would take even longer.

Rick

On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 12:54 -0400, dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us