[Dovecot] dovecot sieve notify example?

Thanh Han The hanthethanh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 15:06:51 EEST 2007

Dear list,

I was trying to use the "notify" action with dovecot sieve
but I just couldn't get it work. The relevant lines look as follows:

,--------
|require ["fileinto", "notyfy"];
| if header :contains ["to", "cc"] ["userA at example.com", "userB at example.com"] {
|   notify
|     :method "mailto"
|     :options "userC at example.com"
|     :low
|     :message "notification";
|   keep;
|   stop;
| }
`--------

But I get in log file the error

,--------
| Sep 11 10:51:25 host30 deliver(abc at example.com): sieve runtime
error: Notify: Generic Error
`--------

Can someone please give me a hint what I did wrong, or give
an example how a sieve notify action should look like?

I appended my configuration below, in case it matters. I am
running linux debian etch, and use the postfix/dovecot packages
from debian repository.

Thanks for your consideration,
Thanh

Output from 'dovecot -n':
,--------
| ssl_listen: *:993
| ssl_ca_file: /etc/ssl/certs/cacert.pem
| ssl_cert_file: /etc/ssl/certs/cert.pem
| ssl_key_file: /etc/ssl/private/key.pem
| disable_plaintext_auth: no
| login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
| login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
| mail_extra_groups: mail
| mail_location: maildir:/var/mail/vmail/%n
| auth default:
|   user: nobody
|   passdb:
|     driver: ldap
|     args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf
|   userdb:
|     driver: static
|     args: uid=520 gid=520 home=/var/mail/vmail/%n allow_all_users=yes
|   socket:
|     type: listen
|     client:
|       path: /var/spool/postfix/private/auth