[Dovecot] dovecot sieve notify example?

Thanh Han The hanthethanh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 14:28:25 EEST 2007

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 10:47:10PM +0300, Uldis Pakuls wrote:
> you can expand it using variables:
>
> sample:
> -----------
> # Imagine the header
> if address :matches ["From"] ["*"] {
>    # ${1} is the matching address
>    keep;
>    notify :method "mailto" :options ["${1}"] :message "Thank you, your message has been received." ;
> } else {
>    # Control wouldn't reach this block, any match was successful
> }
> -----------
>
> see: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-variables-08.txt

I installed the latest sieve plugin (1.0.2) but it seems
that the "variables" extension is not supported yet. When I
say

,--------
| require ["fileinto", "variables"];
`--------

then I get the error:
,--------
| sieve parse error: line 1: Unsupported features in require line
`--------

If I leave variables out, sieve doesn't complain but the
variable is not expanded and I got

,--------
|   sent notification to <${1}> (method=mailto)
`--------

Any hint please?

Thanks,
Thanh