[Dovecot] Dovecot v1.1.alpha4 problem

Vladislav Malyshkin mal at forumhedge.com
Thu Sep 13 14:37:08 EEST 2007

Timo,
this is very hard for me to do. Every time this problem starts
people get panicked, immediately call me, call others.
This did happen twice in the last 24 hours.
Typically most active user gets his mbox locked after 10-12 hours.
I tried to reproduce the problem on another mail server
(where a problem does not make people panic and call me at night) - no
luck,
because this server does not have such a large mail traffic.
I downgraded main server to dovecot 1.0.5. Looks OK for now.
I can send you /var/log/maillog but there is no much information there,
only about postfix not able to get exclusive lock of user mailbox.
Also, this may somekind help, the imap process taking lock can not be
killed by -15 signal, only by -9.
Vladislav