[Dovecot] Antwort: Re: Running a script when a mail arrives

"Fábio M. Catunda" catunda at contactnet.com.br
Wed Sep 19 16:39:03 EEST 2007

Usualy I use maildrop capabilities to do such a thing.

Like qmail, it passes the message for the script stdin. It's a good way
to have different bahaviour for different users, you can do a lot of
filtering with maildropfilter language too.

You can try courier-maildrop if you have a virtual host enviroment where
users do not have a home folder, in this case maildrop can read users
information from a database. That is a great piece of code!

[]'s, Catunda!

> Hi,
> I'm trying to execute a script when a mail arrives in a given user's
> mailbox. Something like .dovecot.sieve.
> The reason I'm not using sieve itself is that I need to do stuff on

!DSPAM:46f1263440901465223968!