[Dovecot] Strange error message

Rich Winkel rich at math.missouri.edu
Sun Sep 23 00:27:16 EEST 2007

I apologise if this is a faq but I couldn't find it in the archives.

FreeBSD math 4.11-RELEASE-p26 FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE-p26
dovecot version 1.0.3
x86 cpu
local disk (ufs)

Trying to run "deliver" from user's .forward file.
sendmail configured with smrsh, forward file says:
| "deliver"
Imap seems to work fine, but deliver says:

deliver(rw): mbox read/write lock list settings are invalid. Lock ordering must be the same with both, and write locks must contain all read locks (and possibly more)

#dovecot -n
# 1.0.3: /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
base_dir: /var/run/dovecot/
listen: localhost:996
ssl_disable: yes
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_greeting_capability: yes
first_valid_uid: 100
mail_extra_groups: mail
mail_location: mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u:INDEX=/var/spool/dovecot_indexes/%u
lock_method: flock
mbox_write_locks: flock
auth default:
  passdb: