[Dovecot] Running a dovecot IMAPS server

FiL @ Kpoxa FiL at kpoxa.org
Tue Sep 25 00:36:47 EEST 2007

Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 9/21/2007, FiL @ Kpoxa (FiL at kpoxa.org) wrote:
>> I know this is totally unrelated to this topic, but...
>> Is there any extension to create and use templates?
>
> ? Just 'Save as' > Template...
Save as Template just save a message, but it doesn't allow you to use
variables, use different templates, based on the action (reply, forward,
new)
and so on.

>> I don't like "<full name> wrote:" in my reply messages and would
>> prefer some custom templates, that would be different for different
>> accounts.
>
> Oh... maybe you meant 'custom quote line' instead of 'template'?
>
> Quickquote can do this to an extent (not to mention its killer,
> couldn't-live-without-it feature, 'Quote only selected text')...
I want something, that would allow me to do this -
1) different custom quote lines and different rules of using either full
quote or just the latest message in the thread,
 based on the account I'm using (I have 4 accounts configured in TB)

2) I want custom quote line, that would have date and time of the
message am replying to.
Something like "On %DATE% %SENDER% wrote:"

3) I want cursor positioned AFTER quoted message automatically.

Most of the FIDO mailers back in 1990 had this functionality. I've seen
some kind of Outlook Express add-on, that had something like that.
But there is nothing current and nothing that works with TB.

Well, anyway, thank you for trying to help.

FiL