[Dovecot] user_global_uid and user_global_gid

Stefano Scalise s.scalise at tno.it
Tue Sep 25 12:56:17 EEST 2007

Hi to all,

I am using the new beta release 1.1.

I see that parameters user_global_uid and user_global_gid are no more used
in dovecot-ldap.conf. That means that, as I use LDAP as backend I am obliged
to se    t these two fileds in LDAP for each user even if they are always
the same, as I use virtual domains.

I see that I can set the in dovecot.conf the parameters mail_uid and
mail_gid, but even if I set these parameters, when I do the query in LDAP
(for retrieving other useful parameters) I have the error:

userdb(<email address>) didn't return uid

but... I don't want to take uid parameter from LDAP, I want to set it
globally but I still want to do an LDAP query. Is there a way to do this in
the new evrsion or I cannot do anymore this?
Thank you,
Stefano.