[Dovecot] Possible Caching Bug showing up as a MIME BoundaryIssue

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Thu Sep 27 16:53:37 EEST 2007

Timo,

I continue to deal with this issue where the MIME Boundary appears on the
bottom of the email and it is still happening as of Dovecot 1.0.5.
Unfortunately, it continues to happen to me ONLY with one email box that I
have seen and, of course, the email box has sensitive data in it.

I had been hoping the issue would occur with a folder that had something
like an email from my mom's brother's cousin sending some forward of some
joke that's gone around 200x's but no luck.

One update is that I have determined thanks to a colleague that if I move
the email to another folder and back, the issue does not reappear so
recreating this issue is a bear.

Anyway, will *just* the cache file help you because that is information we
log anyway and doesn't fall under our privacy issues?

Otherwise would you be willing to login to our server via SSH and agree to
SAGE's ethics guide and do the research as an administrator under those
rules?  http://www.sage.org/ethics/ethics_horiz.pdf

As an aside, the ethics guideline and SAGE are fantastic for ANY computer
professional doing work for other people.

Regards,
KAM