[Dovecot] plugin problem

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Sat Sep 29 18:58:04 EEST 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-29 at 12:52 -0300, "Fábio M. Catunda" wrote:

> Well, some plugins only works with Maildir, mine will be another one of
> those.

That's pretty sad for a general mail plugin but hey :)

> Thats the question, this is not a problem if you right it to a file, but
> if you decide to classify the message instantly it will become a problem.
> The base idea of dpam_plugin (at least what I have read from the wiki
> page) is to classify messages at night with a cron job, but it might be
> a problem (my mail server is realy busy at night, spammers love to work
> late).

No, you didn't read my wiki page properly, it has this under the
"scaling better" section that suggests future ideas :) But in any case,
somebody else suggested to have a "classification crawler" that
continually classifies messages if there are any.

> And if the user just wants to delete all spam messages without shift+del?
> Those messages will be moved to trash and will be reclassified as ham?
> Maybe this is a problem!

See my other reply.

> !DSPAM:46fe746d122631113417023!

You really should fix your dspam setup to not add headers and signature
lines to outgoing mail.

johannes