[Dovecot] plugin problem

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Sun Sep 30 12:26:02 EEST 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-30 at 10:57 +0200, Lars Stavholm wrote:

> > Coming from this, I think there are multiple things we should do. Let me
> > try to remember the feature requests I've seen over the past year :)
> >
> >  1) signature logging instead of direct retraining
> >     (could use dovecot's dict service)
>
> Why?

Why what? Why logging at all? This was part of the "scaling better"
plan. Why using dict service? Because it has good fallover behaviour
etc.

> >  2) port to dovecot 1.1
>
> Easy enough, you'll nail this one in minutes.

I'm just doing a proper build system etc. I'll get around to it :)

> >  3) give --user option to dspam (when no user in sig)
>
> This is needed for TrainPristine=on as well.

Right. Haven't thought about pristine training much yet, I still hope
you'll nail your bug and get rid of that requirement ;)

> >  4) ...
> >
> > To do this, I'd suggest the following. This should work great since
> > AFAIK dovecot allows % expansion in the plugin options.
> >
> >  * change the options like dovecot does with A=B:C=D:...
>
> There's a good idea, conformity.

Actually, I just realised that it's possible to give multiple options,
maybe that's preferable?

plugin {
	dspam_trashes = trash1,trash2,trash3
	dspam_options = --user=xxx --a --b --c --d
}

> Didn't quite get that one: what do you mean by "backend"?
> Part of dspam.c I assume?

Right now I'm thinking to build the plugin from multiple files depending
on the backend selection. I'll publish the git tree this afternoon to
show you, right now I have to go have a shower :)

> > I think I'll start from the git tree somebody else published.
>
> Sounds promising.

Decided to do my own because that one had libdspam integrated already.
That's another backend then.

johannes