[Dovecot] proxy and master user

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Fri Dec 5 18:43:16 EET 2008

Hi

For some application we need a master user on our IMAP servers. We use
dovecot 1.1.7 in proxy mode, with proxy_maybe (some mailboxes are on the
proxy itself, others are on remote servers, also running dovecot).

But the proxy removes the '*master' suffix from the username when using
the master user to log in on the proxy. So the base name of the user
with the master password are submitted to the real server, which of
course fails.

Is there a way to tell the proxy to forward the master user to the real
server, without forcing it in destuser, since we also need to have
regular (non master) logins?

Thanks in advance.
--
Matthieu Herrb