[Dovecot] Max OS X 10.5 Mail + Dovecot

Chris Cappuccio chris at nmedia.net
Fri Dec 5 22:19:15 EET 2008

Well the symptom is that the OS X mail client just times out.  It talks to port 993 on the server for a while, but just shows the user a moving icon.  Eventually it complains the mail server didn't respond.  10.3 and 10.4 work fine, strangely enough.  It times out as it's "checking connection to the mail server."

I did upgrade from dovecot 1.0 to 1.1 without doing much of any config changes on the dovecot side.  But other clients work fine...

Actually I just realized while watching tcpdump that Mail.app is testing port 25 after 993.  So it may be a Postfix SSL failure of some sort.

Chris