[Dovecot] LDA questions

Romer Ventura rventura at h-st.com
Mon Dec 8 20:01:43 EET 2008

Well I got it working.. I had a typo on my LDAP config for postfix so that's
why the user info wasn't found.

Now we in order to activate an Active Directory account all we have to do is
assign an email address to the mail field on the users properties tab and
works with no problems.

The only thing is that it does 2 lookups every time a user checks for
emails, but since we only have about 120 users and the number not likely to
get any bigger any time soon it should be ok for the next few years.

Thanks for the help..

On 12/7/08 11:57 AM, "Timo Sirainen" <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-12-07 at 20:21 +0300, Dmitri V. Ivanov wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 09:17:58PM +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>>
>>> Like Matt said, this is a Postfix configuration issue. You'll have to
>>> configure Postfix to figure out what users exist.
>>
>> One question. Postfix has TCP lookup table type with a very simple
>> protocol: (get|put) "space" "key" "newline".
>
> Also I think there was some user lookup protocol that originated from
> Sendmail. Dovecot should support that some day..
>
>> But there is a question: how would act dovecot with much lookups with
>> nonexistant users (there is no big problem to write some stupid
>> connector)?
>
> Shouldn't be a problem.

------
Romer Ventura
Network Administrator
Houston-Sigma Technologies, L.P.
1333 Industrial Blvd. Sugar Land Tx. 77478
Voice 281-295-5017
rventura at h-st.com