[Dovecot] deliver & per user log file

Thomas Siebert siebert at et.rub.de
Mon Dec 15 01:45:43 EET 2008

OK, I checked the sources and there is indeed no variable expansion code for
this parameters. So for now, I don't see how it is possible from within
dovecot. There are probably some cheesy ways to do it via filtering for some
syslog daemons, but I feel that variables and "~" should be expanded here.
As this should be no complicated fix, maybe when Timo reads this he
introduces it in the next version.

Changing two lines in deliver.c and recompiling could provisionally work
(untested):

Line 685:
log_path = expand_mail_env( getenv("LOG_PATH"),
get_var_expand_table(username, getenv("HOME")) );

Line 698:
info_log_path = expand_mail_env( getenv("INFO_LOG_PATH"),
get_var_expand_table(username, getenv("HOME")) );