[Dovecot] How create shared Maildir ?

mlus mlus at 39596.com
Mon Dec 15 13:23:59 EET 2008

Thank you for reply.

> A namespace will contain multiple mailboxes. Typically you'd have
> several mailboxes created under /home/share/Maildir, such as:
>
> /home/share/Maildir/.First shared box/
> /home/share/Maildir/.Second shared box/
>
>> Thunderbird can see "share" , but can't subscribe.....
>
> That's because "share" is a namespace prefix and not a mailbox.

I setup this and Thunderbird see share .
But, show permission problem.......

I set up all permission to shared Maildir,
#  chmod -R 777 /home/share/Maildir

but,  many permission trouble wake up...............  I can't know
what happen....

In courier-imap,   I set up only 3 step.

1) create maildir
 # maildirmake  -S /home/shared

2) create maildirshared file
 # echo 'SHARE      /home/shared ' > /etc/courier/maildirshared
(use tabcode)

3) edit imapd config file
 IMAP_UMASK=022
 IMAP_SHAREDINDEXFILE=/etc/courier/shared/index

Is there way  like this  on dovecot ?