[Dovecot] OT: Looking for a robust IMAP client

Edgar Fuß ef at math.uni-bonn.de
Mon Dec 15 23:20:09 EET 2008

> Is there a simple robust IMAP client
Yes: mutt. One of the reasons we use mutt not only for regular mail access, but for troubleshooting: it simply does what you tell it to do. It doesn't try to be clever or try to do what it thinks you actually wanted to do.
Apart from that, it's scriptable and heavily configurable. And autoview (combined with metamail and copiousoutput) lets you almost forget people sending you html-only or M$-doc-only mails.

> to replace Pine (which I *think* is no longer supported)?
Alpine?